Thursday, March 9, 2023

Strengthening Our Faith

I passed on to you what was most important and what had also been passed on to me. Christ died for our sins, just as the Scriptures said. (1 Corinthians 15:3 NLT)

And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." (Acts 16:31 ESV)

The Bible teaches that you are saved by believing that Christ had died for our sin. If that is sufficient, why do we need to read the Bible and go to church since it does not add anything to our salvation? This is really due to the nature of faith. You can believe in something and then change your mind. That is why we are saved by God's grace through faith, and not by our faith in God. So we need to strengthen our faith so that we will not fall away. We can strengthen our faith by knowing who we believed and who we are.

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV)

No comments: