Saturday, March 4, 2023

Stupidity Masquerading as Wisdom

Don't let anyone capture you with empty philosophies and high-sounding nonsense that come from human thinking and from the spiritual powers of this world, rather than from Christ. (Colossians 2:8 NLT)

A Facebook friend of mine posted this:

Open-minded people don't care to be right, they care to understand. There's never a right or wrong answer. Everything is about understanding.

My response to his post:
"I will accept your view that 1 + 1 = 3 as long as you do not force me to give up my view that 1 + 1 = 6. With this, mathematics will never progress and there will be no modern technology but at least we have understanding at a primitive level."

I find it fascinating how people do not treat truth with priority. They are quick to embrace anything that sound philosophical and wise. They accept statements without thinking. This also answer the question why science and all the benefits of modern civilisation come from Europe and from not the other ancient civilizations such as China and India. Christian based European civilization learnt from the Bible to emphasize on truth and reaped the benefits of truth.

"Peace is such a precious jewel that I would give anything for it but truth" - Matthew Henry (1662-1714)

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6 KJV)

No comments: