Monday, December 11, 2023

Act of God Always Results in Many Dead

"And I will make a vast graveyard for Gog and his hordes in the Valley of the Travelers, east of the Dead Sea. It will block the way of those who travel there, and they will change the name of the place to the Valley of Gog's Hordes. It will take seven months for the people of Israel to bury the bodies and cleanse the land. Everyone in Israel will help, for it will be a glorious victory for Israel when I demonstrate my glory on that day, says the Sovereign Lord. (Ezekiel 39:11-13 NIV)

Sometime in the future, a group of people will invade Israel from the north. They will have allies in the east and the west. No one will help Israel. United States and Europe seems to be neutral, unable or unwilling to help.

But God will intervene and caused a great earthquake in Israel. The invaders will kill each other in confusion. There will pestilence, torrential rain, hailstones, fire, and burning sulphur. The invaders will be defeated. So many invaders will be killed that Israel will take seven months to bury the dead.

It is God's mercy to the Palestinians that they are facing a human enemy call Israel. While God will not leave Israel unpunished for their sin, neither is God kind to those who want to erase Israel from the map.

Remember that the God of Israel is the God who drown the whole earth except for those in the Ark, killed all the first born in Egypt and made death the wages of sin. If God has not declared that death is the wages of sin, nobody will die. Everyone will live forever.

For I am with you to save you, declares the LORD; I will make a full end of all the nations among whom I scattered you, but of you I will not make a full end. I will discipline you in just measure, and I will by no means leave you unpunished. (Jeremiah 30:11 ESV)

I will first repay them double for their iniquity and sin because they have polluted my land. They have filled my inheritance with the carcasses of their abhorrent and detestable idols." (Jeremiah 16:18 CSB)

And in all the land, declares the LORD, two-thirds will be cut off and perish, but a third will be left in it. This third I will bring through the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'They are My people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'" (Zechariah 13:8-9 BSB)

Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and proclaim to her that her hard service has been completed, that her sin has been paid for, that she has received from the LORD's hand double for all her sins. (Isaiah 40:2 NIV)

No comments: