Thursday, February 4, 2010

Becoming a Christian

A person who claimed to be a Christian should be interested in these three things:
  1. Who is this Jesus Christ that saved me?
  2. What am I saved from? (If the person who spoke to you did not make it clear.)
  3. How should I act thereafter?
I remembered this is how I became a Christian. A friend and I was outside the squash court at my school and he use the four spiritual laws to tell me about Christianity. Usually I was against Christianity. But on this occasion, I listened and just accept Christ as my saviour. After I became a Christian, I kept saying to myself, "I am now a Christian." But I did not know what I should do next. My friend who brought me to Christ just asked me to attend the Christian Fellowship at the Church next to my school on the coming Wednesday. Thereafter, I just attended the Wednesday meetings during the school days. My Bible is just a collect of booklets of three of the four Gospels (I did not have the Gospel of Matthew). I did not have the whole Bible with me. I managed to buy one later but was confiscated by my father. My knowledge of Christianity grew only after I joined my current Church.

No comments: