Monday, February 1, 2010

Salvation is by faith only

For by grace are ye saved through faith (Ephesians 2:8 KJV), so what kind of faith are we talking about? It is the ordinary faith that we get by in our daily life.

If a friend invites me for dinner at his house at 6 pm, I will just go to his house for dinner. I have faith in him that when I reach his house, there will be dinner for me. I know my friend and I trust (that is, have faith) him.

So likewise it is with Christ. He said He will save me, and I believe Him. For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day (2 Timothy 1:12 KJV).

Salvation is by faith only. The faith needed is the same faith that we live our ordinary life. There is nothing special needed and it is available to all men. It has to be made so simple, because men are extremely sinful. Any additional process will require men's effort and participation. But they are not fit to play any part in this process of salvation.

No comments: