Friday, April 6, 2012

Computer Games

Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things. They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. (1 Corinthians 9:25 NASB)

We all play computer games.

Computer games are played at three levels. The eternity level, which is the level of ultimate truth. The real world level, the reality that God created. The virtual world level, the reality that men created.

We always thought that computer games are played at the virtual world level in our PC or smart phones. I played Sid Meyer's Civilization. I won. I conquered my world. I switched off my computer and I am no longer a world conqueror.

Computer games are also played at our real world level. Alexander played the game Civilization. He won. He conquered his world. When Alexander was switched off from the real world level, he found that he had not won anything that could last in the eternity level. He lost.

No comments: