Sunday, April 29, 2012

Unmerited Grace

For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time--to show us his grace through Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 1:9 NLT)

Together with Christ Jesus He also raised us up and seated us in the heavens, so that in the coming ages He might display the immeasurable riches of His grace through His kindness to us in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:6-7 HCSB)

Joseph Prince stressed a lot on grace. Unmerited grace. I have no problem with unmerited grace. I believe in it. I love his slogans "law demands, grace supplies", "believe right, live right". I believe it should be preached because so many people find it difficult to accept. But I take issue with Joseph Prince on when he preached that this unmerited grace will bring us worldly success, health and wealth. Why be so concern about health when we are going to die? Why be so concern about wealth when we cannot bring a single cent with us when we die?

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: (Hebrews 9:27 KJV)
And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: (Job 1:21 KJV)
As he came forth of his mother's womb, naked shall he return to go as he came, and shall take nothing of his labour, which he may carry away in his hand. (Ecclesiastes 5:15 KJV)
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. (1 Timothy 6:7 KJV)

No comments: