Saturday, April 14, 2012

Life Verses

Last year, Rev Yong was sharing about his life verses on a Wednesday prayer meeting. His life verses are these:
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. (Psalm 27:4 KJV)
He that spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all, how shall he not with him also freely give us all things? (Romans 8:32 KJV)

I thought about it and wondered if I have any "life verses". I think over and come up with this four verses, which was with always me for a long time.

Before I was a Christian, I saw this verse outside a church and I disagree with it vehemently.
And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31 KJV)

God spoke to me through the Bible in my first visit to JSM Penang in 1979.
And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest. (Jeremiah 45:5 KJV)

My pastor, who was known as brother Tuck Keong to me then, droned this verse into my head in his many one hour telephone preachings to me whenever I skipped church.
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (Matthew 6:33 KJV)

I added this today.
Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 KJV)

No comments: