Thursday, April 19, 2012

Honourable Men Charged with Underaged Sex

Sin must be fought first at thought level. When you read some of the Puritan writings about their abhorrence of sin, you may think that they were mass murderers who committed heinous sins, but their conducts were that of Godly men. They are actually fighting their sins at thought level. When you do not do that, sin will become action. And it will be done when you think you can do it in a cloak of anonymity.

Today, the Straits Times reported that a total of 48 men were charged with sex with an underaged prostitute. These men are all honourable men, principal, teachers, senior civil servants, senior bankers and men with good family background. They did what they thought was secret and secure transaction, but their sins found them out (Numbers 32:23).

For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; neither hid, that shall not be known. Luke 12:2 (ESV)

Would I do what they did if I were as successful as they and given the same opportunity? I may, or I should say, I will. That is why you can see that God is very merciful to me.

No comments: