Sunday, September 1, 2019

New Year Resolutions 2019 - To Resume Again

A sad reminder of my sinful nature as a fallen sinner, I had once again not fulfil my 2019 resolution made at the beginning of the year to pray the following (as advised by Rev Stephen Schaefer, revised and revived by me on 30-June-2019) daily:
  1. Be filled with the Spirit and have room for nothing else (Ephesians 5:18);
  2. Walk in the Spirit and not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Galatians 5:16);
  3. Speak gracious words to glorify God (Colossians 4:6);
  4. Glorify God in all I do (1 Corinthians 10:31).
And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, (Ephesians 5:18 ESV)
This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. (Galatians 5:16 KJV)
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. (Colossians 4:6 ESV)
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31 ESV)

Additionally I would also like to bring to my remembrance the three requests I made in 1979, for the perseverance of Jacob, the heart of David and the power of Elijah.

And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed. (Genesis 32:28 KJV)
And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will. (Acts 13:22 KJV)
Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. (James 5:17 KJV)

No comments: