Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Faith and Recklessness

Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father. (John 10:17-18 KJV)

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. (Matthew 4:6 KJV)

Sometimes, faith and recklessness looked similar. When we do things which people normally would not do, are we obeying the voice of God or are we reckless? When we see some getting himself crucified because he believed that he would be raised from the dead in three days, would we think he has great faith or he is reckless? If someone decide to jump from a ten storey flat, believing that God will save him, do you think he is having great faith or he is reckless?

No comments: