Wednesday, May 16, 2012

What God Hates

False worship
Yet I persistently sent to you all my servants the prophets, saying, "Oh, do not do this abomination that I hate!" (Jeremiah 44:4 ESV)
I hate, I despise your feasts, and I take no delight in your solemn assemblies. (Amos 5:21 ESV)
But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate. (Revelation 2:6 KJV)

Evil doers
The boastful shall not stand before Your eyes; You hate all who do iniquity. (Psalm 5:5 NASB)
There are six things the Lord hates - no, seven things he detests: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, hands that kill the innocent, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord in a family. (Proverbs 6:16-19 HCSB)
For I, the LORD, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing. I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them. (Isaiah 61:8 NLT)
And let none of you imagine evil in your hearts against his neighbour; and love no false oath: for all these are things that I hate, saith the LORD. (Zechariah 8:17 KJV)

Divorce
"I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith. (Malachi 2:16 NIV)

No comments: